36th Annual Festival of New Musicals
October 24 - 25, 2024
The 36th Annual Festival of New Musicals will be presented at New World Stages in New York City on October 24 and 25, 2024.
This year’s Festival will take place at New World Stages in New York City on October 24th and 25th, and feature eight exciting new musicals in 45-minute staged reading presentations in front of a industry-only audience. This must-attend event brings together theatre producers, presenters and developers from around the world to celebrate the future of these promising new musicals! Selected from a submission pool of hundreds of submissions by our Festival Committee, these eight musicals celebrate what’s next in musical theatre and the incredible stories and artists that are leading the way.
The 36th Annual Festival of New Musicals is made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature.
Registration will open in July, 2024. Watch your email (or sign up if you’re not already on our list).
NAMT is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of experiences, talents, skills, cultures and opinions that our members bring to our community, and specifically to our events. We invite you to participate in all of our Conferences, Roundtables, Festivals and other events, both online and in-person, in a spirit of open-mindedness, curiosity and respect.
We want every NAMT event to be a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all participants. In that spirit, we ask you to…
- Be inclusive, actively seeking and inviting diverse perspectives
- Recognize that some people are comfortable responding quickly and verbally and others are not, and create space for those who may need more time to be heard
- Listen to understand
- Participate in an active and direct way, with professionalism and respect for others
- Be considerate, kind, constructive and helpful in your language and actions
- Use “I” statements and avoid generalizations
- Assume good intentions but acknowledge impact
- Ask questions if something isn’t clear, and receive both questions and answers with openness and generosity
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and language
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other participants
We may take action (up to and including expulsion with no refund and exclusion from future events) to redress disruptive, disrespectful or offensive behavior or any other actions perceived by NAMT staff and/or Board to be in conflict with the above guidelines.
We know that learning and working together can produce both joy and conflict. We recognize that to learn is to stumble, and we are striving to provide a space for risk, creativity, respect, appreciation, growth and collaboration. When addressing conflicts of any type, we commit to these Participation Guidelines.
Thank you to every NAMT community member for helping to make all of our events informative, inclusive and respectful.
This page was last updated on 02/22/2024. Some musical and writer information may be more recent.