“The power of this network is unbelievable.”
NAMT Members receive the following exclusive benefits throughout the year:See the Benefits Available to Different Member Types
VIP Access to the Festival of New Musicals
Since 1989, the Festival of New Musicals has introduced more than 300 shows and 500 writers to industry insiders with the resources to move the work forward, leading to subsequent productions, development, recordings, licensing or commissions for more than 85% of our musicals and alumni. NAMT members receive Premiere or Select Passes, providing them with priority seating at the Festival and access to VIP networking events, as well as additional opportunities to meet the writers, be first in line to express interest in a show, connect with other NAMT members to discuss collaboration opportunities, and follow the shows as they develop after the Festival.
NAMT’s two annual conferences provide valuable networking and learning opportunities, with panels and workshops featuring some of the top executives and creative professionals in the industry. With a focus on sharing successes, adaptability and lively discussion, our conferences are intimate and energetic forums where members get concrete ideas they can take back to their theatres and implement quickly. Ample time to talk in small groups and socialize leads to career-long relationships and a network of colleagues you can call on at any time. Conferences are open only to members and invited guests, and members receive the lowest possible rates to attend.
The Frank Young Fund for New Musicals supports collaborations between member theatres and musical theatre writers via grants to NAMT’s US-based not-for-profit members to support writer residencies, workshops and full productions of new musicals.
The Innovation & Exploration Fund helps member theatres pilot new ideas in various administrative and production areas to advance their missions.
Our Roundtables give NAMT members an opportunity to network, explore best practices and share case studies in more intimate, informal settings than the Conferences, usually focusing on topics of narrower interest. New Works Roundtables are typically held in conjunction with festivals or productions of new musicals at member theatres, and Writers’ Roundtables, held annually in New York, bring Festival alumni writers and member producers together to build connections and explore models of collaboration. Roundtables are also held on a variety of management and community engagement topics, hosted by member theatres around the country.
Theatre Experience and Collaboration Hub (The TECH)
An online resource center offering opportunities for members to connect with and learn from their peers without leaving their desks, The TECH currently contains
- New Musicals Map
- Nuts and Bolts Guide to Producing New Musicals, with advice from NAMT members
- Innovation and Exploration Guide, featuring valuable lessons learned and best practices from NAMT members and other experts
- free webinars by NAMT members and other experts in the field
- Slack community allowing members to continue conversations from our Conferences, Roundtables and other events, ask advice from colleagues, and network year round
- Monthly News & Notes with the latest member and alumni news
- Monthly New Works News featuring Festival show updates, new works in development around the country and more
Concrete information that can save you money!
- The Salary & Benefits Survey shows what other theatres across the country are paying for key positions, helping you budget and negotiate.
- The Success Survey tracks how specific musicals have performed for members around the country, to help with programming and marketing decisions, and negotiations with licensors.
- NAMT by the Numbers provides a valuable overview of the membership and the industry.
Members-Only Website Content
- Complete directory of member organizations showing key organizational information, staff lists, facilities and more
- Member organizations’ current and upcoming production information
- Searchable New Musicals Directory, listing every show presented in our Festival with summaries, cast breakdowns, author contacts and more
- Complete Festival Alumni directory to help you find your next collaborators
- Festival jukeboxes and videos
- Recordings of past conference panels and webinars
- Members-only forums
Set and Costume Registry
Earn revenues by listing sets, costumes and props for sale or rent on the Set and Costume Registry, one of the most highly-trafficked parts of our website. Only NAMT members may list on the registry, but it can be viewed by all website visitors, including hundreds who come directly to the Registry page searching for rental items.
Member Job Listings
Discounts and Partnerships
Deals on car rental, NYC hotels, rehearsal studios, cast recordings, technology and fundraising tools and more.
Promote Your Projects to Industry Leaders
Access to NAMT’s member mailing list
List your shows and events in News & Notes and New Works News
Special member rates on ads in the Festival program, reaching 700 theatre professionals
Draw From Our Knowledge Base
NAMT’s staff is available to assist you in finding new work, connecting with fellow members and with writers.
Your voice is represented on a national scale in Washington, DC via NAMT’s membership in
Networking is a common thread through many of our member benefits. NAMT events provide unique opportunities to make connections with other producers, writers, licensors and others. Our tight-knit association of members keeps in touch year-round.
See the Benefits Available to Different Member Types
Learn About The Different Types of Membership and Dues