The National Alliance for Musical Theatre, founded in 1985, is a not-for-profit organization serving the musical theatre community. Our mission is to advance musical theatre by:
- Nurturing the creation, development, production and presentation of new and classic musicals
- Providing a forum for the sharing of resources and information relating to professional musical theatre through communication, networking and programming
- Advocating for the imagination, diversity and joy unique to musical theatre
Our 160 organizational members and 40 individual members, located throughout 31 states and abroad, are some of the leading producers of musical theatre in the world, and include theatres, presenting organizations, higher education programs and individual producers.
NAMT thanks the following foundations, government agencies and organizations for their ongoing support of our programs:
The Alhadeff Charitable Foundation, The Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York Creative Spaces Grant, ASCAP Foundation Irving Caesar Fund, BMI Foundation, The Dramatists Guild Fund, The Dubose and Dorothy Heyward Memorial Fund, Friars Foundation, The Hollywood Pantages, a Nederlander organization, National Endowment for the Arts, The Noël Coward Foundation, The Rodgers and Hammerstein Foundation, The Shubert Foundation, The Ted Snowdon Foundation and an anonymous donor.
NAMT is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Your contribution to NAMT is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Last season, the NAMT members collectively…
- Employed over 31,000 people
- Staged nearly 18,000 performances attended by over 8.4 million people
- Entertained over 820,000 subscribers
- Provided education programs for over 1.1 million students and teachers
- Had operating budgets totaling over $570,000,000
- Performed in 279 facilities housing nearly 167,000 seats
as of 4/26/17
Become a Member NAMT by the Numbers Survey (PDF)