2010 Writers’ Roundtable
Marketing Yourself & Selling Your Show
June 12, 2010, 2:00 - 7:00 pm
CAP21, New York City
On June 12th, NAMT will host the Festival alumni and NAMT members in a roundtable about the writers’ elusive art of presenting themselves and their shows to the industry, a topic requested by many writers at the 2009 Roundtable. The Roundtable will begin at 2pm at CAP21 located at 18 W. 18th Street, 6th Floor. The Fee for Registration is only $15 to help cover some of the costs of the event.
- What are the challenges for writers to put themselves out to industry?
- What are producers looking for when they meet a writer in a formal or social setting?
- When should an agent/manager handle something or when should the writer take care of it personally?
- What do you send to a theatre and what do theatres want?
- How about the demo — fully produced with all of the songs or just a piano and the highlights?
- Do show or writer websites help or hurt?
Organizations and Festival Shows represented at the Roundtable:
Amas Musical Theatre
The Ambition Bird (2003)
Band Geeks! (2009)
Broadway Rose Theatre Company
Crazy, Just Like Me (Songwriters Showcase 2009)
The Funkentine Rapture (2005)
The Gig (1994)
It Shoulda Been You (2009)
The Legend of Stagecoach Mary (2008)
A Little Princess (2005)
Meet John Doe (2005)
The Memory Show (2009) fka- Memory is the Mother of All Wisdom
New York Theatre Barn
North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Paper Mill Playhouse
Playing Pretend Productions
Phantom of the Country Palace (1994)
Princess Caraboo (2005)
See Rock City and other Destinations (2008)
Some Sweet Day (1991)
Tinyard Hill (2007)
The Yellow Wood (2008)
Walnut Street Theatre
Writing Arthur (2007)
as of 06/11/10
Check-in and Introductions
|2:30 pm||The Art and Science of Schmoozing & Shaking Hands
The personal interaction with the industry and how to put your best foot forward.
Moderator: Eddie Sugarman, Meet John Doe – Festival 2005
The Perfect Pitch Package
|5:00 pm||Tips, Tricks & Taboos
A chance to share stories and advice about making connections both personal and indirect with producers and theatres.
Moderator: Tara Smith, Playing Pretend Productions and Piece -Festival 2006
|6:00 pm||Wine and Cheese Reception|