Digitizing the Fourth Wall
As the theatre industry grapples with today’s challenges, technology can take a starring role in helping our industry remain creative and financially stable. From digital staged readings to full productions and beyond, the theatrical world has an opportunity to put innovation center stage.
Leading-edge digital technologies to support artists and audiences is core to this re-imagining of staged theatrical storytelling. The Regional Theatre Virtual Venue curriculum is designed to help participants grow their technological vocabulary while providing a new set of tools with which to create collaboratively. Each day consists of curated topic presentations, group exercises and mentor sessions. Optional “homework” assignments provide the ability for each participant to customize solutions to their audience and gain feedback from the group and mentors.
By the end of the course, participants obtain a working knowledge and organizational execution plan for leveraging digital technology tools, techniques and strategies in virtual community engagement.
Over the past twenty years, Apples and Oranges Arts has advocated for the role of technology in support of sharing, amplifying and unifying live theatrical productions. With the help of Broadway Tech Accelerator, we are pleased to underwrite all costs of this course for non-profit NAMT Members.
Participants finish with:
- A digital blueprint that fits your organization’s needs
- An ongoing support group from your mentors and peers as you implement solutions
- Practical examples to kickstart your journey
- Some good laughs while you learn
- Willing to explore and learn new technologies in a collaborative environment
- Commitment to all five days of the course
- We would like two staff members of each theater to join us: one in senior management and one from marketing, production or artistic who is comfortable working digitally.
- Daily virtual meetings from 1-4pm ET from April 6-10 (attendance at all sessions is required). Please note, this session is now full. We will be announcing dates for a second session/group shortly.
- Demystifying the digital landscape.
- Digital Capture
- Hybrid / CG
- Detailed Hardware and Software options
- Applying Digital to your key lines of business
- Content Development
- Board Cultivation
- Creating and executing a virtual Gala / Fundraiser
- Cultivating and Curating your digital community
- Using Analytics to optimize your key measures
- Monetization options and restrictions
- Contracts in the digital world
- Using AR/VR/XR now and into the future
- Marketing, Sales and Pricing Platforms
- AI as pricing tool
- Look-a-like modelling for marketing
All costs are underwritten by Apples and Oranges Arts and Broadway Tech Accelerator for non-profit organizations. We simply ask that you “sing it forward.” We also ask that if you commit you attend all the sessions. $5,000 value.
Sponsored by The Shubert Organization.
Please note that we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Should additional courses be offered in the future, that information will be published here.