Work With Us
The Office Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing office operations and for assisting with program administration. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Conducting day-to-day bookkeeping and financial transactions including paying bills and depositing checks (via Quickbooks)
• Managing and updating the database (PatronManager)
• Reconciling reports between Quickbooks and the database
• Writing and issuing monthly News & Notes e-newsletters and other e-alerts (via Emma)
• Tracking and ordering office supplies
• Keeping policies/procedures/contact information current in operations manual
• Coordinating large mailings
• Responding to general email and phone inquiries
• Filing and general office organization
• Assisting with semi-annual conferences for the membership, as well as the Festival of New Musicals each fall
• Coordinating the registration process for the Fall Conference and Festival and the Spring Conference
• Assisting Executive Director and Program Directors on a variety of projects
• Compiling documents and schedules for annual audit
Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient in databases (Salesforce experience preferred). Experience with QuickBooks, Stripe and Photoshop a plus. Knowledge of and interest in the theatre industry a plus. Successful candidate will be extremely organized, with a calm demeanor and unshakeable sense of humor.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
To apply: Please submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Coordinator – [Your Name]” in the subject line:
- Cover letter including salary requirements
All attachments should be either Word docs or PDFs.
The National Alliance for Musical Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age or veteran status.
Spring Program Intern
The Program Intern for the National Alliance for Musical Theatre is a part-time position that will divide time and duties between the Membership Department and New Works Department, assisting in various programs including the administration of the 32nd Annual Festival of New Musicals and the Spring Conference. The Program Intern will be required to be in the NAMT office in midtown Manhattan for at least one day (minimum of 4 hours) a week from January – May. School credit available as applicable. Current students only, please.
Festival Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the New Works Director and Program Manager with the administration and planning of the Festival Selection Process, including processing and filing applications.
- Various Festival history and alumni relations projects, including database updates.
- Other projects as assigned
Spring Conference Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the communication between Membership Director and conference speakers and attendees.
- Research special events and other needs of the conference.
- Assist in preparing materials needed for the conference including but not limited to conference packets, sponsorship materials, signage and speaker notes.
- Assist in creation of badges, labels and other materials.
- Organize and assemble conference packets.
- Assist the Membership Director as needed on tasks related to the conference.
Other Projects and Duties
- Assist with database maintenance as needed
- Assist the Membership Director with the administration and compilation of surveys
- Assist the New Works Director and the Membership Director on other programs and projects outside of the Festival and Spring Conference which may include special events, concerts, future conferences, database management, video editing, website maintenance and research.
- Assist the Development Associate, as needed
- Other projects as assigned
To apply please email email@example.com with a brief cover letter in the body of the email and a resume attached as a PDF.